There are things in life that make me happy: writing, creating, speaking, singing, acting, directing, teaching, reading. Oh, and talking. I do like to talk. (Which may be why I like to teach. A captive audience has to let me talk.)
But there are a few other things that make me happy too. I’m just a little less likely to say them out loud, therefore I consider them to be kind of my guilty pleasures—those things I love but that I might be better off keeping to myself. But then again, what’s a little transparency amongst friends? And if I share mine, you’ll share yours, right?
So here goes. My top 10 list of guilty pleasures:
1. Chocolate milk (Really. I would drink this every morning if I could.)
2. Sleeping Late (Really. I would do this every morning if I could.)
3. Working at home in my pj’s. (This works best after #2)
4. Rocking. In a rocking chair. (No matter what I’m doing—reading, watching TV, talking, typing, whatever. Seriously, I wish all chairs were rocking chairs.)
5. Books by Nora Roberts (I love a good love story that doesn’t get in the way of a good mystery. Or is it the other way around?)
6. Barry Manilow’s Greatest Hits CD (Volumes 1 and 2)
7. Listening to a guy with an accent talk (Do I need to explain this?)
8. The Twilight Saga (I am so too old for this series but I have read every book and seen every movie thus far.)
9. America’s Next Top Model (What can I say? I’m a sucker for Tyra mail.)
10. Reading till the early hours of the morning (see #5 and #2)
So there it is. A list of my somewhat embarrassing top 10 guilty pleasures. Undoubtedly there’s a few more, but a girl’s gotta’ keep some secrets to herself.
So now it’s your turn. What guilty pleasures do you indulge in when given the freedom and opportunity on any given day?