Music Camp Adventures – Day 3
Today’s music camp theme:
- When we obey God, we show Him that we love Him.
Favorite things about day 3 of camp:
- Bjork (or is it Bjorn?) showing up every day for opening assembly. So funny. Parents, you gotta’ ask your kids about this guy. 🙂
- Having Brett Durham, Hope’s college pastor, taking the adult role in the musical and being such a great support system during rehearsals for all the child actors.
- The adult volunteers just going with the flow and not minding if one of the rehearsals ran over just a bit, even if would make the campers a little late for arts & crafts.
- The campers not minding if they were a little late for arts & crafts so we could finish rehearsal.
What caught me by surprise:
- That we are now ahead of schedule with where we should be on our rehearsal time-line
Something new I learned:
- That the kids take their lunch-time sing-off “competitions” pretty darn seriously. 🙂
What was new today:
- Having a whale, some jellyfish and a wee part of the ocean (Atlantic, of course) show up for rehearsals
What challenged me most:
- Getting the whale, the jellyfish and the ocean to work together
What I’m looking forward to tomorrow:
- Finally getting to be on the stage for rehearsals
What I’m not looking forward to tomorrow:
- Finally getting to be on the stage for rehearsals. (First rehearsals in the actual stage space are always a bit of an adjustment for performers, especially children performers.)
What I did as soon as camp was over for the day:
- Hung around, answered campers’ questions (lots of them!), hugged children, and told them how much I appreciated how hard they’re working. And I do. I really, really do.