Music Camp Adventures – Day 5
- To be honest, it was pretty much, “Dear God, please help us survive…er, I mean, successfully accomplish…all of today’s goals.”
Favorite things about day 5:
- Seeing the musical begin to come together!
What surprised me:
- The kids making it through an extra long and intense rehearsal day and still being energetic at the end. They are such troopers!
What was new:
- Starting our day off first thing with rehearsals in the auditorium. We needed to hit the ground running!
What I learned:
- Children are incredibly adaptable to whatever the situation is. And they’re like sponges with how quickly they pick up new things and adapt to changes.
Most often heard phrases from me in rehearsals:
- (Really? You can’t guess this?) Hint: “Stop talking! Eyes on me!” (Which really is the only time I can get away with saying “It’s all about me!” 🙂
What I’m looking forward to tomorrow:
- Our first two performances! At 4:15 and 6:00 pm at the Raleigh campus.
What I’m not looking forward to tomorrow:
- That there will only be two left after that (on Sunday morning at 9:30 and 11:15 am).
What I did as soon as camp was over
- Spent a few minutes talking to each grade level of campers separately to encourage them in performances, thank them for their unbelievably hard work this week, tell them what I appreciated most about them, and then telling them to get some sleep! We’ve still got two days of performances ahead of us!
One more thing I just have to say:
- I love, love, love, love, love, love, love our camp volunteers! They were pleasant and helpful and attentive and just all around wonderful to work with. So if any of you volunteers are reading this, THANK YOU! (I get that you may be too exhausted to even be reading this right now. 🙂 )