On Family, Fears, and Forgiveness (part 2 of 4)
- Think of one person you’re in conflict with & ask them this question: What have I not been hearing that I need to hear? — Dr. Henry Cloud
- When you encourage someone it literally changes their brain chemistry to be able to perform. — Dr. Henry Cloud
- If any man thinks ill of you, do not be angry with him; for you are worse than he thinks you to be. — Charles Spurgeon
On children and family:
- If you want lasting influence in the world, influence your family. — Bob Goff
- The goal is not to raise good, moral kids, but kids who love Jesus with a new nature and a new heart. — Mark Driscoll
- Allowing children to simply become what they will is like a negligent farmer expecting a great harvest. Weeds are easy. Gardens take work. — Mark Driscoll
- Your kids will not have to chase pornography. Pornography will chase them. — Carlos Whittaker
- Bitterness about your parents’ brokenness will kill you. Be the grace-filled end of generational sin in your family. — John Piper
- Some days I am reminded of how great a dad I had, and I look forward to the day I can thank him in ways I never got the chance to in this life. – Dylan Dodson (My son. And Roger’s.)
- One of fear’s favorite things to tell you is that today is forever. If you’re unemployed, you’ll be unemployed forever. If your job is miserable, it will be miserable forever. If you’re lonely right now, you’ll be lonely forever. But fear is a liar. Right now isn’t forever. Right now is just right now. It’s a season. Don’t let fear tell you about how time works. Fear is a liar. – John Acuff
Just re-opening shells and appreciating the pearls on any given day.
“Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you.
The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.” — Proverbs 4:6-7